- "Wrapping Up the Holidays" Cash & Toy Drive!
Mixx 96.1 -
Mixx 96.1 SPONSORED!
When mom or dad is out of work, the children suffer. Mixx 96.1 asks you to open your hearts to the local children who need your help this holiday season!
Please donate to our "Wrapping up the Holidays" Cash & Toy Drive December 21, 2012. We will be broadcasting live 6am-6pm from the corner of State and Washington in downtown Olympia collecting your donations of cash and toys!
Wrapping Up the Holidays specific needs:
- Cash Donations - CASH IS KING THIS YEAR! O Bee Credit Union will match $2,500 in cash donations. You may also donate online courtesy of O Bee and FrontStream Payments through December 31, 2012. Click here to donate online!
Call Toni at 943-9937 if you'd like to volunteer to help!
- Children's toys and games, preferably new and unwrapped.
- Art supplies, including crayons, pencils, play-doh, & drawing pads.
- Infant clothing, new or gently used. Warm baby clothing for the winter is especially needed.
- Disposable diapers are a great donation, as are gift certificates.
- Books and CD's of all types, maybe a movie pass! Teens particularly often are ignored when families are in severe need. Many teens from low-income families are working, not for "mall money," but to help buy food and pay rent for their families!
- Bicycles, in almost any condition. Many of the agencies involved have volunteers who can do repairs, and just about every kid dreams of finding a bike under the tree!
- Coats & jackets, gloves, hats, and scarves, in new or excellent used condition. All sizes are needed from infant to adult. (Many older kids wear adult sizes & moms & dads need warm things too!)
- Gift certificates for grocery items. Most stores will let you specify food items only, if you wish.
Click here for more information.
119 Washington St. NE
EventList powered by schlu.net