Billing A/R Clerk / Radio Traffic / Office Manager
This position is an intensive clerical position with a fun company. The position requires enormous attention to detail and experience using PC’s. Experience with basic accounting is important. Ability to follow a routine is critical. The workplace atmosphere is supportive and informal. The work of the person in this position is critical to operation of the radio station and will involve interacting with many areas of station operation.
The duties break down into five major areas:
1. Invoicing, Billing, A/R, Reports
- Prepare, check, and mail weekly advertising invoices and statements
- Enter advertiser payments and credits, reconcile all payments with deposits made by bookkeeper
- Make adjustments and corrections to invoices or A/R balances
- Provide reports of orders, payments, and A/R activity to management and staff. Provide other weekly and monthly reports as needed for programming, sales, and administration
- Answer advertiser inquiries with regards to billing and advertisements run
- Make credit checks based on client applications submitted by sales department.
- Follow-up on overdue accounts, provide invoices, make calls and keep documentation of collection efforts
2. Traffic - Use Windows XP based software package specifically designed for radio to schedule and track advertising orders and place commercials on a log to be played by on-air announcers.
- Input data from advertising contracts into Visual Traffic program.
- Input scheduling and commercial instructions from agencies
- Schedule commercials and other programming elements
- Resolve conflicts in scheduling of commercials and assure correct placement on program logs
- Produce program log for on-air use
- Work closely with Sales Executives to make sure orders are completed and scheduled accurately
- Work with General Sales Manager to construct or change framework for commercial scheduling
- Work with Program Director to assure promotions and other programming elements are correctly scheduled
- Input advertising copy into system for cooperative advertising customers
3. Production coordination
- Create production orders from ad insertion orders from agencies, and co-op advertising clients
- Order production of internally written commercials as requested
- Keep track of archived commercials and other stored audio
4. Act as point person for contact with ad agencies with regard to scheduling and delivery of commercials.
- Receive “traffic” orders for commercials with regard to scheduling and what commercials should run in what order
- Track copy for commercials
- Call agencies when commercials are scheduled and the commercial copy has not yet been received
5. Office Management, Record-keeping, Office duties
- Organize and maintain client files- electronic and physical
- Occasional telephone coverage when regular personnel are unavailable
- Supervise office clerical worker(s)
Computer knowledge/skills: Proficiency with Windows programs such as MS-Word & Excel. Touch-typing, ten key a plus. Programs used: Wicks Visual Traffic (specialized radio station software, menu-driven), Excel, Word for Windows, Eudora.
General Skills:Meticulous attention to detail, good basic math skills, ability to concentrate on work in a busy environment and to track multiple tasks and operations culminating in a final product
Hours/Rate: 20-25 hours per week Monday-Friday, with some flexibility in work hours and days worked. Compensation is hourly and rate will depend on expertise in tasks ($12-$15/hr.). There is an employer-paid dental /life insurance plan after probationary period.
3 Cities Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fairness and diversity in hiring and promotion and encourages applications from people of any background, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation or belief.